There Piemonte region and the International Alba White Truffle Fair present the Sinoira d’Autore snack, a culinary encounter between the white truffle of Alba and the excellent ingredients of Piedmontese cuisine.
Great chefs from 7 areas of Piedmont in a series of 10 live online culinary shows from Castello di Roddi, from 30 November to 21 December.
The Merenda Sinoira, a typically Piedmontese gastronomic tradition that has its roots in the rhythms of life in the fields, is reinterpreted by great chefs.
From the heart of the Langhe, the Merenda Sinoria d’Autore project, coordinated by VisitPiemonte in collaboration with the International White Truffle Fair of Alba, will involve starred chefs and Piedmontese haute cuisine, the Local Tourist Agencies, the Regional Enoteca and the Italian Sommelier Association of Piedmont during the 10 digital episodes.
Here are the numbers of the project:
- 90: the number of the edition of the International Alba White Truffle Fair
- 10 showcooking
- 25 great chefs aired online
- 7 the territories of Piedmont concerned
- 2 channels involved: VisitPiemonte and Alba White Truffle Fair.
This great event kicks off from Roddi to promote the food and wine excellences of this area and draw attention to Made in Piedmont.
Thanks to the skill of the chefs, at the moment, quality foods are also brought abroad: in addition to those already established in the world such as the Alba White Truffle, also the other typical products of this land together with the great wines of Piedmont.
As he points out Marco Protopapa, Councilor for Agriculture and Food of the Piedmont Region:
“In a year in which the agri-food chain continues to suffer the economic damage caused by the Covid emergency, collaboration initiatives are needed between institutional and local bodies that involve various production systems in Piedmont, agri-food, wine, tourism and culture”.
The institutional voices are in agreement, such as:
- the President of the Piedmont Region Alberto Cirio,
- Vittoria Poggio, Councilor for Culture, Tourism and Commerce of the Piedmont Region
- Luisa Piazza, General Manager of VisitPiemonte
the importance of having a location of the highest quality such as the Roddi Castle, recovered and restored with the contribution of the Piedmont Region and managed by the International Alba White Truffle Fair.
This showcase of “Excellences of Piedmont”, open to the whole world thanks to digital technologies, is a regional enhancement project whose narrative inspiration starts from the Alba White Truffle which meets – in unusual combinations – the best of Piedmontese products from the various local realities.
But it is also an opportunity to experiment with an innovative way of working in the tourism sector through cross-promotion activities between the different territorial areas that make up Piedmont and the numerous players in the supply chain, from the raw material to the final product.
In an exclusively digital formulation, for obvious reasons related to the period, the “Sinoira d’Autore snack ” will see some of the best chefs operating in Piedmont interpret the Alba White Truffle, paired with a selection of traditional Piedmontese agri-food products.
All accompanied by oenological excellence typical of the 7 local areas that will be staged:
- Langhe Monferrato and Roero;
- Biella, Valsesia and Vercellese;
- Verbanio-Cusio-Ossola and Lakes.
On the digital set set up in the kitchens of the Roddi Castle, the chefs will be engaged in a sort of “jam session” and will create their own proposals in dialogue with the regional wine shops, sommeliers and producers, also present on the set.
An overview of photos and videos of the individual territories will frame the preparation of the recipes and the story of the products, narrating the skill and creativity of the chefs, precisely in the days when Piedmont confirms its 46 Michelin Stars and the attribution of Green Star for sustainability to Mariangela Susigan of Gardenia di Caluso and Igor Macchia of Casa Format in Orbassano.
Liliana Allena, President of the International White Truffle Fair of Alba, recalls that in planning the 90th edition of the International Alba White Truffle Fair, we wanted to interpret the pandemic as an accelerator of change, introducing a digital turning point for the event.
“We are particularly pleased to make the experience and skills acquired in digital events available to the entire Piedmont system, as well as of course the prized Alba White Truffle.
We hope that the teamwork created in 2020 will be only the beginning of a path to continue promoting together the system of Piedmontese Excellences “.
This is the detailed program of the Sinoira d’Autore snack, from the Roddi Castle
From Monday 30 November:
- Ossola Valleys – Presented by the Lakes Tourist District, chef Giorgio Bartolucci de l’Atelier * of Domodossola with Bettelmat producer Rachele Matli. Alongside them, the Consortium for the Protection of Nebbioli Alto Piemonte.
From Friday 4th December:
- Alessandria and Monferrato – Presented by ATL Alexala, the chefs Bruna Cane and Sara Chiriotti of I Caffi * of Acqui Terme together with the Regional Enoteca of Ovada and Monferrato, the Regional Enoteca Acqui “Terme e Vino”, the Regional Enoteca of Monferrato.
From Monday 7 December:
- The first appointment in Langhe, Roero and Monferrato – Presented by the Langhe Monferrato and Roero Tourist Board, the chefs Michelangelo Mammoliti of La Madernassa ** of Guarene; Maurilio Garola / Marco Lombardo of La Ciau del Tornavento *; Davide Palluda of the Enoteca * of Canale; Gabriele Boffa of the Relais Sant’Uffizio * in Cioccaro di Penango; Luca Zecchin of the Guido Restaurant of the Relais San Maurizio * in Santo Stefano Belbo; Massimiliano Musso of Ca ‘Vittoria * of Tigliole. Alongside them, the Nizza Monferrato Regional Enoteca.
From Thursday 10 December:
- The second appointment in Langhe, Roero and Monferrato with: Ugo Alciati of the Ristorante Guido * in Serralunga d’Alba; Damiano Nigro of the Relais Villa d’Amelia * in Benevello; Andrea Larossa of the Larossa * restaurant in Alba; Marc Lanteri of the Castle of Grinzane Cavour; Walter Ferretto of Il Cascinale Nuovo * of Isola d’Asti; Flavio Costa of the 2.9 * Restaurant in Piobesi d’Alba. Alongside them, the Nizza Monferrato Regional Enoteca.
From Monday 14 December:
- Novara – Presented by the ATL of Novara, Marta Grassi chef of the Tantris * of Novara flanked by the Consorzio Tutela Nebbioli Alto Piemonte.
From Thursday 17 December:
- Cuneo – presented by the ATL Cuneese, the chefs Massimo Camia of the homonymous restaurant in La Morra, President of the Italian Federation of Chefs – section of Cuneo; Bruna Bartolo from La Pace di Sambuco; Luciano Gautero of Il Bagatto of Limone Piemonte; Fabio Ingallinera of the Vernante National Team; Erik Macario of La Posta di Pradeboni. At their side, the Regional Enoteca of Acqui Terme.
From Friday 18 December:
- Biella, Valsesia, Vercelli – Presented by ATL Biella, Valsesia Vercelli, chef Christian Costardi of the Christian & Manuel Restaurant * at the Cinzia Hotel in Vercelli, with the Regional Enoteca of Gattinara.
From Monday 21 December:
- Turin – Presented by ATL Turismo Torino e Provincia, chef Mariangela Susigan from Gardenia * in Caluso.
Merenda Sinoira d’Autore, dal Castello di Roddi su www.visitpiemonte.com e www.fieradeltartufo.org e sulle pagine Facebook, Instagram di VisitPiemonte e Fiera del Tartufo Bianco d’Alba. Per maggiori informazioni: www.visitpiemonte.com e www.fieradeltartufo.org