While the prized white truffle has terrific prices, around 5,000 euros per kilo in this 2021 campaign stingy due to little rain, the historic Alba Truffle World Auction (n.22), from the Castle of Grinzane Cavour, in connection with Moscow, Singapore , Dubai, and Honk Kong (led as always by celebrities such as Enzo Iacchetti and Caterina Balivo and with surprise guests in the room such as the American actor, but of Italian origin, Stanley Tucci), raised the monstrous figure of 457,000 euros , thanks to the generosity of gourmets and patrons from all over the world, including the Hong Kong entrepreneur who won the top lot, a trifola weighing 830 grams, for 103,000 euros. All funds will be donated to the Alba-Bra Onlus Hospital Foundation to finance the adaptation of the pediatric ward (from 1999 to date the resources raised by the auction in solidarity have exceeded 5.7 million euros). Among the curiosities, the appointment of Riccardo Monco, first chef of the “Enoteca Pinchiorri” in Florence, a three-star Michelin temple of great cuisine and great wine (created by Giorgio Pinchiorri and Annie Feolde) as ambassador of the Alba white truffle in the world . And again, auctioned in the auction, the fifteenth and last lot of “Barolo en Primeur”, or the last barrique of Barolo Vigna Gustava, was sold for 60,000 euros, again awarded by an investor from Honk Kong, whose proceeds will go to “Mother’s Choice” Foundation, which has been working since 1987 in favor of orphaned children and young mothers in need. With the last lot, therefore, the first edition of “Barolo en Primeur”, a project promoted by the Cassa di Risparmio di Cuneo Foundation, in collaboration with the CRC Donare Foundation and the Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco, raised € 660,000 for charity. Alba Langhe and Dogliani, which on October 30 at the Castle of Grinzane Cavour auctioned the Barolo, still in cask, with the grapes of the historic Gustava Vineyard of the Castle of Grinzane Cavour, zoned and vinified by the Enosis Meraviglia Center of the oenologist and wine scientist Donato Lanati. A great success at the debut, which is already launching the sprint to the 2022 edition, scheduled for October 29th.
For the love of food and wine! Marco Ribaudo, Certified Sommelier, with 25 years in the food and beverage industry now invites you to join him in his latest adventure, the opening of la Cucina del Vino to share his culture and passion for creating unforgettable memories around the table.
- One last toast to the “father” of Franciacorta: Franco Ziliani is missing
- Resistant vines in PDO wines: the opening of the EU is a risk, for the “Biodistretto del Chianti”
- Gift unwrapped and immediately packaged: gifts are recycled, food and wine at the top of the ranking
- Wine, still on production costs: the alarm of the cooperatives of Italy, France and Spain
- Great Italian classics and territoriality, with the exception of Champagne: the trends of wine bar parties
- One last toast to the “father” of Franciacorta: Franco Ziliani is missingThe Italy of wine loses one of its great pioneers, […]
- Resistant vines in PDO wines: the opening of the EU is a risk, for the “Biodistretto del Chianti”According to many, the opening of the European Union […]
- Gift unwrapped and immediately packaged: gifts are recycled, food and wine at the top of the rankingGiving rhymes with recycling. And the Italians know […]
- Wine, still on production costs: the alarm of the cooperatives of Italy, France and SpainWhile the attention of the news returns to be […]
- Great Italian classics and territoriality, with the exception of Champagne: the trends of wine bar partiesThe great Italian classics, which never betray so much […]
- Ocm Promotion: here is the national ranking. 29 million euro of funding on 72 of projectsThe world of wine looks beyond the pandemic, or at […]