56 million hectoliters of wine (3.6% more than in 2020, and -5.7% on February 2021, ed): here are the numbers of stocks in the wineries of Italy as of March 31, 2021, according to data from Telematic Register reported by the ICQRF (Repression of Fraud). Data that are compared with those of a period still substantially pre-pandemic, to which must be added 5.6 million hectoliters of musts (-5.5%) and 171.514 hectoliters of new wine still in fermentation (-34%). Over half (50.6%) is wine with a designation of origin, 27.9% is Igp and 20.9% generic wine, while the varietals are worth just 1.3% of the total. As always, the concentration of Italian wine emerges. The top 5 regions bring together 36.4 million hectoliters, Veneto in Testa (13.6 million hectoliters), ahead of Emilia Romagna (6.9), Tuscany (5.8), Puglia (5.7) and Piedmont 4.4). Same thing at the level of Doc and IGP: if there are 526 Italians in all, the top 20 represent 56.6% of the total. With Prosecco Doc which, alone, is worth 9% of the denomination wine in stock in the cellars of the Belpaese.
For the love of food and wine! Marco Ribaudo, Certified Sommelier, with 25 years in the food and beverage industry now invites you to join him in his latest adventure, the opening of la Cucina del Vino to share his culture and passion for creating unforgettable memories around the table.
- “The neck of the bottle: Vine Stories”: Tinto’s first novel between music, wine and an “alter ego”
- Federica Boffa, 23, at the helm of the historic winery in Alba, Pio Cesare. Who turns 140
- Wine, interest in digital continues to grow. More and more used also by the less young
- Confagricoltura: “extend the expiry of the authorizations for planting vineyards”
- Crisis distillation for PDO and PGI and beyond: the requests of the Cooperation to politics
- “The neck of the bottle: Vine Stories”: Tinto’s first novel between music, wine and an “alter ego”Nik is a young radio speaker, and every evening he […]
- Federica Boffa, 23, at the helm of the historic winery in Alba, Pio Cesare. Who turns 140Despite the very long history of wine in Italy, there […]
- Wine, interest in digital continues to grow. More and more used also by the less youngThat in 2020 and in the first part of 2021 wine […]
- Confagricoltura: “extend the expiry of the authorizations for planting vineyards”The restart of the market, fundamental, and the aid […]
- Crisis distillation for PDO and PGI and beyond: the requests of the Cooperation to politicsA crisis distillation, which involves only PDO and PGI […]
- In the year dedicated to Niki de St Phalle, Monteverro hosts a work by the French-American artistOn the one hand there is the winery founded at the […]