Not all vineyards are the same. Some are lucky enough to be embedded in unique and wonderful landscapes, just think of the Sangiovese rows that furrow the hills of Tuscany, others the merit of having instead built new and breathtaking views, as happened over the centuries in the Langhe. And then, there are vineyards that become part of unique stories, such as that of Venissa, on the island of Mazzorbo, in Venice, recovered by the Bisol family, or the Vigna Barberini, the eno-archeology project in the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum that has took its first steps just a few weeks ago. Or the “Villa of the Mysteries” of the brand of Campania Mastroberardino in the Archaeological Park of Pompeii. Also the Royal Palace of Caserta, the royal palace wanted by Charles of Bourbon, king of Naples and Sicily, in 1750, whose project was entrusted to the architect Luigi Vanvitelli, has its own vineyard. In 2018, the then director of the Royal Palace of Caserta, Mauro Felicori, entrusted Tenuta Fontana with a hectare of land in the Bosco di San Silvestro, which is precisely part of the Royal Palace Park. The Petrelcina company, in the Sannio area, then planted a vineyard of white Pallagrello and one of black Pallagrello, native vines of the Caserta area that were very popular until the end of the nineteenth century, from which the wines preferred by the Bourbons were produced. Almost disappeared with phylloxera, Pallagrello is today the protagonist of the full recovery of the “Vigna del Re”, the ancient Bourbon vineyard conducted in an organic regime that is preparing for its first, historic, harvest. The result, the result of vinification and refinement in terracotta amphorae, will be an Igt Terre del Volturno, which will be able to bear the mark of the Royal Palace of Caserta.
For the love of food and wine! Marco Ribaudo, Certified Sommelier, with 25 years in the food and beverage industry now invites you to join him in his latest adventure, the opening of la Cucina del Vino to share his culture and passion for creating unforgettable memories around the table.
- “Suiveur”, the friendship wine “dedicated to Gianni Mura, to glasses, games, nights”
- Wine is a tailored product, like fashion. Union celebrated in “The Harvest of MonteNapoleone”
- Pioneers of wine: 10 years of sustainability by Salcheto, the first off-grid winery in Europe
- Wine, positive sentiment for the end of 2021 and 2022. Word of “Istituto Grandi Marchi”
- Here is the “Vino del Duomo” of Milan, a red (and soon a bubble) to preserve its beauty
- “Suiveur”, the friendship wine “dedicated to Gianni Mura, to glasses, games, nights”“A few years ago we bought a land bordering our […]
- Wine is a tailored product, like fashion. Union celebrated in “The Harvest of MonteNapoleone”“We must interpret wine, but also think of it for […]
- Pioneers of wine: 10 years of sustainability by Salcheto, the first off-grid winery in EuropeSometimes, the awareness of being small, a drop in the […]
- Wine, positive sentiment for the end of 2021 and 2022. Word of “Istituto Grandi Marchi”The end of the year is approaching with a positive […]
- Here is the “Vino del Duomo” of Milan, a red (and soon a bubble) to preserve its beautyWine and culture are increasingly united, because […]
- Barolo 2021? A surprising vintage, a triumph of Nebbiolo’s resilienceA “surprising” vintage, the 2021 of Barolo, which, […]