The Romantik Hotel Stafler in Vipiteno (BZ) in the Alta Valle Isarco is a historic hotel surrounded by a large park.
The place where Chef Peter Girtler, 2 Michelin stars, amazes the palates.
The embrace of a large park and the gaze on the peaks. Starred cuisine and top quality ingredients. Here is the most bucolic presentation of the Romantik Hotel Stafler in Vipiteno (BZ), an elegant and very romantic historic hotel in the Upper Isarco Valley.
- The farm reveals a beautiful garden with reserved corners to relax in total privacy, a water lily pond, lawns and paths.
- The rooms and suites, with private terraces, marble bathrooms, romantic furnishings, refined design, create the most refined welcome in this structure that boasts over 700 yearsed it has hosted illustrious visitors, such as the poet Goethe.
- A’farm where cows are raisedin an innovative and eco-sustainable way, Arabian horses and farm animals produces the raw materials that embellish the dishes of renowned restaurants.
- And precisely the restaurants, and in particular theGourmetstube Einhorn, in which the Chef Peter Girtler, awarded with 2 Michelin stars and 4 Gault Millau Hats, is the creator of dishes of the highest level that express and enhance his South Tyrolean origins and at the same time celebrate international haute cousine.
Here are the ingredients of this corner of paradise, both landscape and gastronomic.
This aspect of cooking is relevant, having a two-star Michelin chef and having the freshness of typical South Tyrolean products.
The gastronomic creations are served in the old Tyrolean wood-paneled stube, with a cozy erker and an ancient wall painting, the work of medieval artisans. There Stafler’s Gasthofstube it also offers old Tyrolean recipes, Mediterranean secrets and the freshness of the South Tyrolean mountains.
Not just cooking, even if for us it is the focal point!
The wellness center regenerates the senses with a large indoor swimming pool, whose water comes from the mountains of Vipiteno and Mules, the different types of saunas, the relaxation area, back treatments and many personalized tailor-made treatments.
The Romantik Hotel Stafler presents itself as a treasure trove of different experiences:
- In winter, its location is excellent for lovers of skiing and winter sports, being at the center of 6 prestigious ski areas, the closest of which is Monte Cavallo di Vipiteno with its wide downhill slopes and the most popular toboggan run. long of Italy (9.6 km), illuminated sometimes even at night.
- In the summer, trails and paths open up to exciting excursions by mountain bike and e-bike (available free of charge for guests) to explore the Stubai Alps, the Zillertal Alps, the mountains of the Val di Fundres, the Dolomites.
There is no shortage of sports for non-skiers:
- lovers of rafting they find on the Isarco river emotions at the water’s edge;
- those who want to experience amazing sensations can fly in paragliding;
- fans of golf they have several fields to experiment within a short distance.
So beauty, relaxation, sport, but let’s go back to our pivotal aspect:
the kitchen, the ingredients and the chef.
One of the uniqueness of this place is the Gourmetstube Einhorn restaurant, a sacred place where the creative Chef Peter Girtler, awarded with 2 Michelin stars and 4 Gault Millau Hats, is the creator of dishes of the highest level, able to amaze the palate.
All this thanks to the selection of seasonal vegetables and vegetables grown on the farm of the Romantik Hotel Stafler, to the meat of the herds of Friesian cows reared on the farm, in search of local products.
“Light and revitalizing” recipes that express and enhance the Chef’s South Tyrolean origins and at the same time celebrate international haute cousine, mixing local peculiarities and world inspirations.
As mentioned above, Stafler’s Gasthofstube offers in the stube with erker and romantic corners, or in the vaulted room with the medieval ceiling, old Tyrolean recipes, Mediterranean secrets and the freshness of the South Tyrolean mountains in a combination of flavors traveling between seas and mountains.
The historic family farm, from which some of the delicacies of the kitchen are born, is managed by Andrea Stafler, and can be visited, even with children.
Here about 85 cows grow in the innovative “compost barn” with wide open spaces, and are fed with pasture grasses, to produce delicious milk that can be tasted at breakfast in the hotel and which is supplied to the Vipiteno Dairy to make the well-known yogurt.
Noble Arab horses, Jura sheep, Cinta pigs, free-range hens and rabbits are also bred on the farm.
Another place to discover, also on the farm, is Casa Kramer.
It was the place where in ancient times the shopkeeper sold his products to the inhabitants of the town, now renovated, maintaining its historical soul, as a location for exclusive events.
Half board stay at the Romantik Hotel Stafler combines several services:
- buffet breakfast for gourmets until 10:30 am,
- dinner with a 5-course menu signed by the starred Chef Peter Girtler,
- coffee and sweets for the sweet tooth in the afternoon,
- the Activecard LIGHT to use public transport, visit museums and events, the entrance to the wellness center, the rental of electric bikes and equipment for hikers for free
- a Tesla station to recharge electric cars.
The proposals that are currently offered are many and differentiated, both by period and by customer needs, from couples to the gourmet enthusiast, from sportsmen to lovers of relaxation:
- Romantic New Year – The “Celebrate New Year’s Eve in the name of romance” offer includes 7 nights half board with all dedicated services including entrance to the wellness center and 5-course menu, and a special aperitif is provided for the night at the end of 2020 , a festive menu for gourmets and surprises. On January 1st, brunch is available until 1pm. (The price is starting from 1,213 euros per person)
- Time is for 2 – The romantic holiday “Time for two signed by Stafler” includes, from 20 January to 28 March 2021, 3 days in half board. In the room, lovers find a bottle of sparkling wine and receive breakfast in bed. One evening they take part in a private 6-course romantic dinner in the Einhorn Gourmetstube. They can take a carriage ride in Ridanna and relax in the wellness center thanks to the wellness voucher of 25 euros per person. (The price is starting from 429 euros per person)
- Gourmet winter – “Activities and culinary moments in winter” is the offer of 4 nights half board valid from January 20 to March 28 2021 pfor gourmets and lovers of snow sports. The offer includes a gourmet evening with 4-course dinner in the 2 Michelin-star “Einhorn” Gourmetstube, a wine tasting with the sommelier Lisa, a hearty breakfast and cakes in the afternoon, the shuttle service directly to the slopes of the Monte area. Cavallo in Vipiteno and Racines, a mountain breakfast at the Stern refuge on Monte Cavallo, a snowshoe hike with a gastronomic afternoon in the inn in Valgiovo. (The price is starting from 549 euros per person in half board)
- One night, 2 Michelin stars – With the proposal “1 night – 2 stars” the Romantik Hotel Stafler invites you to a one night stay in a Superior room or in a Suite, to savor an exclusive gourmet tasting menu at the restaurant, with the possibility of booking a wine pairing. (The price is starting from 225 euros per person)
- Tasteful relaxation – With “Eat, relax & enjoy” the guests of the Romantik Hotel Stafler sleep from 1 to 3 nights in an elegant room or suite with half board included, toast with a bottle of fine Alto Adige sparkling wine, taste an exclusive gourmet menu in the Einhorn Gourmetstube, they relax in the wellness center and receive a free wellness voucher of 25 euros for a relaxing aromatic massage, as well as a sweet surprise to take home. (The price is starting from 192 euros per person for one night, from 399 euros for 3 nights).
- Romantic proposal for all the senses – Romantic the “For all the senses” proposal: 2 nights with half board, wellness and fitness program, sparkling sparkling wine, homemade chocolates and fresh fruit in the room, a 6-course candlelit sensory dinner, a delicious menu Tyrolean, a seductive massage ritual for him and her. (The price is starting from 294 euros per person).
- A thousand and one nights – With “1000 and 1 romantic night” you live the dream of staying in a refined room overlooking the park or in the Rose Suite, toasting with sparkling wine, chocolates and fruit in the room, and then for dinner, where you can taste an exclusive Romantik menu. of 6 candlelit courses. The following day breakfast is in the room, with champagne. And you go home with a surprise. (One night is starting from 155 euros per person.)
Nota sui Romantik Hotels & Restaurants Profondamente radicata nella rispettiva regione e plasmata dalla tradizione e dalla consapevolezza della qualità: questo è il senso dell’accoglienza per gli oltre 200 Romantik Hotels & Restaurants e 300 partner in 8 Paesi europei. Gli albergatori Romantik danno il benvenuto ai viaggiatori in Germania, Austria, Svizzera, Belgio, Olanda, Scozia, Italia e Francia. Ottima cucina, tipicità e storia accomunano gli hotel a conduzione familiare per una collezione esclusiva di alto livello riunita sotto il marchio Romantik. www.romantikhotels.com